Thursday, August 22, 2013

Make a Kitchen Soap Dispenser, a Very Green Craft :)



I was looking for a reasonably priced kitchen dish soap dispenser at Bed Bath and Beyond but didn't want to shell out $10 for a new one. At $4.99 a hand soap dispenser caught my eye but I didn't like the graphics painted on it.  Dear hubby reminded me of the time I spilled PVC primer on some plastic and the lettering got obliterated.  Perfect! with a wave of my magic wand, (PVC primer), I got a recycled, but super fine kitchen soap dispenser.


After using my dispenser for 6 months, I have noticed an added benefit;  I use way less dish soap. 

Materials needed:
Empty hand soap container
PVC primer
paper towels

First I used up the soap that came with my hand soap dispenser and rinsed it.

In a well ventilated area, brush the PVC primer on the painted parts of the plastic bottle that you want to remove.  The paint comes off pretty fast, so be prepared to wipe off with paper towels. 




The primer is smelly, so I was glad to wipe it off fast.  Next I rinsed the outside of the container with water, then washed it and dried it.

I love my handy dispenser and the way it looks by my sink.

Note: A very faint ghost of the original paint outline is visible on the container when empty, which is why I would not make this project for a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment