Friday, December 21, 2012

Wishing You a Very Merry Christmas with Cupcakes



"What do you give a teacher that is the best teacher in the whole world?", I asked a 10 year old.  Her reply, "Cupcakes!"

"Well OK!"  I said, as visions of baking cupcakes from scratch danced through my head while figuring out when I would have time to make them.

On Pinterest I saw a few cupcake recipes that looked delicious, but time consuming so I decided to start with box cake mixes.  The idea...to take a cake mix and somehow end up with the flavors of white chocolate, raspberry and peppermint with a Christmasy presentation since they would be a gift for a very special teacher. The results were amazingly delicious, and the cupcakes disappeared in a flash.

Christmas Cupcakes

1 Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 cup skim milk scalded, stir in 16 pieces of white chocolate candy melts stir until melted, and let cool to room temperature
Mix all the ingredients for 2 minutes.  Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and follow baking instructions on package.  Mine took about 19 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  Allow to cool.  yield about 20 cupcakes.

Cut a small hole in the top of the cupcake and spoon in Red Raspberry seedless spreadable fruit.  My only regret with this recipe is not putting more fruit in the cupcake.  I used about 1 teaspoon.


Next, I frosted the cupcakes with Peppermint Buttercream Frosting using the Wilton Dessert Decorator Pro.  It was a birthday gift from my dear hubby, it was alot of fun to use and it really can make a gigantic mountain peak of frosting, lol. 

.



Peppermint Buttercream Frosting

3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter softened, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint  

Mix all ingredients until smooth. If frosting is too thin, add powdered sugar.  Frost cupcakes, then sprinkle with sanding sugar and top with a peppermint candy.

The cupcakes looked especially spectacular and delicious in the red and white cupcake box.
I hope you make these for your family, or that someone special.  From my home to yours, have a very blessed Christmas.  Now....I'm out for delivery!



No comments:

Post a Comment