Friday, October 21, 2011

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies


mmmm....the aroma of these cookies is wafting through the neighborhood.  I am making them for a paintball free-for-all tomorrow.  I will not have time in the morning to make them fresh, but I saved back one batch to cook, so my house will smell like fresh baked cookies.  

My most requested cookie recipe is for the chocolate chip American classic pictured above in the backround.  My recipe is a modified version of  the "Keebler Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies" recipe by Todd Wilbur, from the book Top Secret Recipes.

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 egg
1 Tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
12 ounce bag of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter, sugar, molasses, egg and vanilla. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour, then mix. Stir in the chips.  Shape dough into 1inch balls and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 9 to 11 minutes, or until very lightly browned on edges.

Notes:  Cookies will continue baking on the cookie sheet when removed from oven, so be careful not to overcook...we like them soft!  The temperature of your butter helps determine how far your cookies will spread, since we like them soft, I use my butter at room temperature.  For added freshness, store cookies in closeable plastic bags with the air removed if possible. 




No comments:

Post a Comment