Friday, January 25, 2013

Yogurt and Cereal

In my bowl this morning...Yogurt and Cereal

Good morning :) I could eat this everyday, oh wait, I do...unless it's the weekend, or I am out of yogurt or we have Cinnamon Rolls in the house, (which I have a tendency to make disappear).  This is my goto quick fix breakfast. Update: I've recently switched my high content sugar infused vanilla yogurt with plain greek yogurt.    

Never before have I seen such beautiful fruits available all year round at such reasonable prices.  It is the middle of winter and the blackberries pictured above were bought at our local grocery store for $1/small carton. So gather up your favorite toppings and create a yogurt creation for breakfast, snack or layer it in a nice parfait glass and call it dessert. 
  
Thanks to the relentless TV commercials we have all heard the GI benefits of yogurt, but there is new research indicating that it is also good for lowering blood pressure. "...people eating low-fat yogurt every three days were 31 percent less likely to develop high blood pressure than those that didn't." ~from Taste of Home Magazine, February/March 2013 issue, page 79






2 comments:

  1. beautiful blog. New follower from http://recipesonthecheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D.Marie, thanks for visiting, and I am looking forward to reading some of your favorite's too! Have a great day, Theresa

      Delete