Saturday, December 3, 2011

Coated Pecans

My husband brought this recipe home from a co-worker at Nationwide Insurance about 18 years ago.  The Coated Pecans were so yummy, I used to make several batches every Christmas to give to family and friends.  I haven't made them for awhile, but this morning while I was talking on the phone to my sister, she reminded me how much she liked them and will miss having them again this year.  Hmmm...I think a surprise food gift will be on it's way to her house soon!

Coated Pecans

2-3 cups pecans (depending on how heavy you like the coating)
1 cup sugar
5 Tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1 /2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Roast pecans for 12 minutes in a 300 degree oven.

In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients.  Cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes or until 'soft ball' candy stage, approximately 250 degrees F.

Remove from heat, add pecans and stir to coat.

Pour onto waxed paper and separate with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment